HANGARS AND TIE DOWN INFORMATION
Rent a hangar or tie down space with San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport
All of our hangars are “T” hangars, located on the east side of the airport (also known as Site November). Find more details on Rates and Dimensions. We currently have no vacancies in our hangars, if you wish to be put on our Waiting List, please see below.
SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY REGIONAL AIRPORT HANGAR WAITING LIST POLICY:
San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport maintains a waiting list for those who wish to lease a hangar from the Airport. Vacant space is offered to applicants on the waiting list.
This policy is designed to provide a simple and fair process for aircraft owners to be placed on the waiting list. It is mandatory to be on the waiting list in order to lease a hangar. Airport policy is to process the waiting lists by the date the request was submitted, and hangars will be assigned in that order.
All parties interested in a hangar must fill out an application to be entered into the wait list. It is the responsibility of the applicant to keep this information current with the Airport Administration.
- To prove eligibility for a hangar, an aircraft owner must provide one of the following documents at the time of application:
- Individual Ownership: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certificate of Aircraft Registration with the aircraft owner’s name listed
- Co-ownership/Partnership: FAA Certificate of Aircraft Registration with co-owners/partners names listed. All members of any co-ownership shall also be listed as such on the hangar lease agreement.
- Flying Club or Corporate Ownership: FAA Certificate of Aircraft Registration with the Flying Club or Corporate name listed, and a current membership roster submitted to the Airport annually.
- Leased Aircraft: FAA Certificate of Aircraft Registration with the rightful owner listed and a copy of the lease demonstrating exclusive possession by the lessee from the lessor. The lease shall be submitted for review to the Deputy Director, Finance and Administration or designee and approved prior to occupancy. Aircraft leased or transferred from one individual to another with the intent to gain occupancy of a County owned hangar will be considered a sublease and is not permitted under the Airport Rules and Regulations.
- A copy of an Aircraft Bill of Sale and an application for Aircraft Registration that has been submitted to the FAA, will satisfy this requirement for a period of ninety (90) days or until the official FAA Aircraft Registration is received.
- Position on the waiting list will be determined by the date and time of the request.
- Positions on the waiting list may not be sold, gifted, or transferred.
- Current tenants who wish to lease additional hangars or renew their lease, must be in good financial standing with the airport before signing a new lease.
- The airport reserves the right to give priority to current tenants or make changes according to the discretion of the Director of Airports.
- The hangar size to be assigned on the list is dependent on the size of the aircraft wingspan.
- When a hangar becomes available, the Airport Administration will notify the individual at the top of the appropriate waiting list. Offers shall be made chronologically (oldest to newest).
- Applicant must respond to the offer made within two (2) business days. A “pass” response or failure to respond in two (2) business days will be considered a decline.
- Airport Administration will attempt to contact individuals on the list by two different means. Each applicant is permitted one (1) refusal or pass-over. Upon the second refusal or failure to respond, applicant will be removed from the waiting list. After removal, individual must wait 6 months before filling out a new application.
- Hangar occupancy is dependent on the applicant’s ability to meet all conditions specified in the San Luis Obispo County Airport Hangar Permit and does not guarantee a lease commitment.
**For further information or questions please call our office at 805.781.5205**
Approx. 1061 sq ft.
Monthly rent: $396.00
Plus a one-time deposit of $396.00
Approx. 1030 sq ft.
Monthly rent: $380.00
Plus a one-time deposit of $380.00
Approx. 1331 sq ft.
Monthly rent: $496.00
Plus a one-time deposit of $496.00
Approx. 1297 sq ft.
Monthly rent: $480.00
Plus a one-time deposit of $480.00
Approx. 1600 sq ft.
Monthly rent: $620.00
Plus a one-time deposit of $620.00
Located on both the east and west sides of the airport.
For further information and to check for availability on either hangars or tie downs, please call the Airport Administrative Office at (805) 781-5205 Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you are coming to visit us and wish to park your aircraft, there are a few options available:
- You may park with one of our Fixed Base Operators (FBOs). Please contact the FBO directly for rates and services offered.
- SLO Airport does not currently have tie down transient spaces. There is parking available of the east ramp. The fee for these spaces is $12.00 per night.
- If you do not require your aircraft to be tied down, you may park your aircraft on the east ramp. Taxilane centerlines and aircraft parking space markings have not been installed on the east ramp. Therefore, assistance from an FBO is required to park your aircraft.
If you have additional questions feel free to contact our office at (805) 788-2000.