Stakeholder Public Review and Comment Procedures
Draft Rules and Regulations & Draft Minimum Standards
The County of San Luis Obispo (County) and Aviation Management Consulting Group (AMCG) are in the process of developing/updating Rules and Regulations and Minimum Standards for the San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport (Airport). These documents are components of the Airport’s Primary Management Compliance Documents (PMCDs).
PMCDs are comprised of rules, regulations, policies, and standards that govern the operation, management, and development of an airport. In combination, PMCDs are designed to: (1) contribute to the long-term financial health of an airport, (2) facilitate (foster) the orderly development of an airport, (3) encourage the provision of quality products, services, and facilities at an airport, (4) protect the health, safety, interest, and general welfare of the public, and (5) reduce the potential for conflict with tenants, consumers, and users.
You are invited to participate in the very important stakeholder engagement element of the document development process by providing your comments, additions, deletions, and/or suggested modifications of the draft documents. The draft Rules and Regulations and Minimum Standards will be available for public/stakeholder review and comment beginning Wednesday, June 1, 2022 through Friday, July 1, 2022.
The County has established the following mechanism to facilitate the review and comment process:
Download the documents using the following links:
Before you begin the review and comment process, it is recommended that you review the documents in their entirety to get a general feel as to their layout and content.
Download and save to your computer the corresponding Review and Comment Form for each document using the following links:
When completing the forms:
- Fill-in all of the fields to ensure the accuracy of your comment/suggested changes.
- Be specific in your comments. Clearly state whatever changes you feel are appropriate and why.
- Editorial comments will be accepted and made part of the record, however unless you are specific as to what you want changed, they will not result in modifications to the document.
- When you’re finished, please email the completed Review and Comment Form(s) on or before Friday, July 1, 2022 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printed copies of the draft documents and the Review and Comment Forms are also available at the Airport Office.
NOTE: All comments and/or suggested additions, deletions and modifications must be made in writing.
If you choose not to use the Review and Comment forms, you may also submit written comments directly to Airport staff by mail or email to:
Deputy Director, Planning & Outreach
975 Airport Drive
San Luis Obispo, California 93401
You may also review the following Federal Aviation Administration guidance documents that are pertinent to the development of the draft documents:
- Airport Sponsor Assurances
- 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 139 – Certification of Airports
- Order 5190.6B Airport Compliance Manual
- Order 5100.38D Airport Improvements Program Handbook
- Advisory Circular 150/5190-6 Exclusive Rights at Federally-Obligated Airports
- Advisory Circular 150/5190-7 Minimum Standards for Commercial Aeronautical Activities
At the end of the comment period, Airport staff and AMCG will thoughtfully review and respond in writing to all suggested additions, deletions and modifications received. Suggested revisions will be incorporated into the subsequent draft of the Rules and Regulations and Minimum Standards where appropriate. The draft document will then undergo a final review by County staff before being presented to the Board of Supervisors for adoption.